Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 1998 20:25:26 PST
From:      "Jane Frodo" <jfrodo42@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTP Get vs Put benchmarks

I have been using ftp to benchmark the throughput from point A to
point B lately, and I have noticed that put always operates about
twice as fast as get.  Is this normal behavior?  It doesnt seem to
matter what the physical medium is (UTP, Coax or Fiber), nor what type
of CPU is involved (386-40's to PII-300's).  It also makes no
difference if I stay on the same segment, or cross as many as 4
routers... <<<boggle>>>  :)

Please reply directly, as I have had to unsubscribe (I just couldnt
read it _all_!).

TIA!
Jane.