Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:48:36 -0600
From:      Wes Barris <wes@wesbarris.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrade kit won't work -- help

Hello,

I manage a 3.3-RELEASE system.  I am unable to install any FreeBSD
ports.  I have installed the 34upgrade kit but I still can't make
any ports.  What else should I do?

root@aoki# uname -a
FreeBSD aoki 3.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Sep 16 23:40:35 GMT 1999     jkh@highwing.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
root@aoki# pkg_add ~/34upgrade.tgz
pkg_add: package `34upgrade-2000.08.25' already recorded as installed
root@aoki# /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick
root@aoki# make
===>  ImageMagick-5.2.7_2 : Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a fresh make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and follow the instructions.

--
Wes Barris    E-Mail: wes@wesbarris.com      Web: www.wesbarris.com