Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:16:43 -0500
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freeze on reboot

Heyall....

Something weird started happening this evening to my system.

First the stupid part - my power cable came off the box, causing an
incorrect shutdown.  That's what I get I guess for trying to clean up :)

Upon reboot, fsck ran fine and all the daemons were powering up... except...

My system now gets stuck on the line:

Local package initialization : Modula-3

At this point, the boot up just halts.  A Ctrl-c puts me gets me past it,
but skips past the rest of the boot up sequence.

I tried removing the package /usr/ports/lang/modula-3, but that didn't
help.  I also tried rebuilding that port, as well as modula-3-lib's.  Still
no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
--John