Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:46:10 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@miami.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TNT2 & X (Re: Accelerated X - Feedback?)

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@miami.edu> probably said:
> I have an nVidia TNT2 card running Xaccel 5.0.2 on 3.2, and it works
> great!  No glitches, and it's a lot faster than XFree.

> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > Speaking of X, and possibly accel-X, I've got a LeadTek S320II TNT2
> > based card, 32Mb. _Nice_ card.

> > The patches nVidia released for xfree work, I can run X, but there are
> > two minor niggles: I use olvwm and some of the open look glyphs are

> > Emacs symptoms: the cursor colour at some points isn't showing up.

I never did find the tuits for testing accel-x, but then I was told about
XFree 3.3.4 release with TNT2 support, there are freebsd 3 binaries
there (most binaries are not because 3.3.5 should be out RSN).

The TNT2 support is better, and the emacs cursor problem is gone
but the openlook glyph problem is still there but not a real problem
(I'll have to submit a bug report about the glyph problem).

Looking good and works fine with 3.2-stable :)

P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@net.tufts.edu