Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 15:37:43 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        tkelley@cy.com (Tim M. Kelley)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: custom boot from floppy

Tim M. Kelley stands accused of saying:

> I want to set up a custom boot from a boot floppy. Specifically,
> I want the boot floppy to automatically search for the kernel as follows:
>
>     wd(2,a)/kernel
>
> How can I accomplish this?

It's quite possible that you can't, depending on whether your BIOS
supports drives beyond 0x81.  If you want to try, make the following mods to
to /sys/i386/boot/biosboot/boot.c :

	* Boot from wd(2,a) instead.                                    *
        part = 0;
        unit = 2;
	drive = 0x82;
	maj = 0;

loadstart:

> Tim Kelley

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[