Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>
To:        "Donald P. Dahlman" <druid@eoe-magical.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache files

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Donald P. Dahlman wrote:

> any one heard of combining the srm.conf and access.conf  files into the
> httpd.conf
> file in apache 1.2.6. If so what else is needed to make this work.

I don't know apache 126, I use 130... But httpd.conf is readed first, and
in mine I have 2 directives: AccessConfig and ResourceConfig

This is the manual:
AccessConfig directive

Syntax: AccessConfig filename
Default: AccessConfig conf/access.conf
Context: server config, virtual host

The server will read this file for more directives after reading the
ResourceConfig file. Filename is relative to the ServerRoot. This feature
can be disabled using:

       AccessConfig /dev/null

Historically, this file only contained <Directory> sections; in fact it
can now contain any server directive allowed in the server config
context.

ResourceConfig directive

Syntax: ResourceConfig filename
Default: ResourceConfig conf/srm.conf
Context: server config, virtual host

The server will read this file for more directives after reading the
httpd.conf file. Filename is relative to the ServerRoot. This feature can
be disabled using:

       ResourceConfig /dev/null

Historically, this file contained most directives except for server
configuration directives and <Directory> sections; in fact it can now
contain any server directive allowed in the server config context.

See also AccessConfig.

So I think that all you need to do is to replace whatever ResourceConfig
and AccessConfig entries by this:

ResourceConfig /dev/null
AccessConfig /dev/null

It will then read only httpd.conf.

But don't forget to:
cat access.conf >> httpd.conf
cat srm.conf >> httpd.conf

!!!

Or all that was in the 2 files will not be read!!!

Spidey

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/