Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:56:43 +0200
From:      Farid Hajji <farid.hajji@ob.kamp.net>
To:        rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PHIGS for FreeBSD?

Hi Rahul,

> > I've never heard about it. As far as I remember, there
> > was a publicly available PEX-SI reference implementation in X11R5 (R6,
> > I don't know) that came with a nearly compliant PHIGS Library. Is it gone?
> Don't know, I never used it myself.  I've heard people talk about it
> some years ago, but only on commercial systems.  Looks like nobody else
> on this list knows either.  Maybe you could ask on some
> graphics-oriented list, or a linux list...
I submitted that question to the XFree86 mailing list and will continue
myself to look for those PHIGS libraries (perhaps in old X11R5 sources
or so). If I get an answer or find out what to do about it, I'll let
questions@freebsd.org know. Maybe we could make a port of this ISO standard
of 3D graphics.

Thank you for your help.

-Farid.

--
Farid Hajji -- Unix Systems and Network Administrator | Phone: +49-2131-67-555
Broicherdorfstr. 83, D-41564 Kaarst, Germany          | farid.hajji@ob.kamp.net