Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 16:37:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@cola112.scsn.net>
To:        toj@gorilla.net
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current is crashing X

Tom Jackson
> Running current on a p5/100. Kernel built from ctm#2824 seemed to have no
> problems. Got ctm#2827 today and since there had been some kernel source
> changes, rebuilt the kernel after a successful make on the system. When
> I went to start X the box crashes and does an auto reboot.
>
> CTM having its latency, I looked for anything similar, didn't see any, and
> wonder if this is some fluke. Any others see this?

    It's no fluke...  I did my build last night from sources
cvsupped last night, and I'm seeing exactly the same thing.  As
soon as the server starts a client, the machine locks up tight
as a drum.

    If anybody has already fixed this, I would sure appreciate
it if you could mail me a patch...

--

                                            Donald J. Maddox
                                            (dmaddox@scsn.net)