Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 16:13:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Brian W Gemberling <bwgember@UU.NET>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, "Christopher L. Morrow" <chris@UU.NET>, freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@UU.NET
Subject:   Re: Freebsd needed on the UUNET network?

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Brian W Gemberling wrote:

> I'd imagine we'd want ftp1.freebsd.org...It should perform quite well and
> ftp1 does not resolve.
>
> Does this sound correct?

$0.02.

i've always thought ftp.freebsd.org and ftp1.freebsd.org would be the same
machine.  i'm suprised it doesn't resolve.

but hey, if you're donating resource so the freebsd project, i'm pretty sure
this is a good thing (tm) and you should pick whatever number that's available

except i have dibs on ftp42.freebsd.org for our archive ;-)

regards,

-jason