Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 01:02:07 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   *really* dumb library question

I'm sure this is very simple, but it suddenly occurred to me i don't know
the answer.  If i have one library installed, then i install another port
that installs a newer version of the library, how do i get rid of the  old
one?  Can i just 'pkg_delete' the port and the  old lib, then 'make install'
the port again, and let the makefile figure out the new library is there?

Thanks a lot.  If anyone has a libraries FAQ, please point me in the right
direction.  :)

Jonathon
--
When I die, I want to go in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.