Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:02:45 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Database software.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Ryan Thompson wrote:
[...]
: I use mySQL (available from ports) with the Windows ODBC driver for SQL,
: myODBC.  See
:
: http://www.mysql.org/download_myodbc.html

Yes, I am familiar with this - but I can only export the actual table with
that. Which is perfectly fine, but leaves me without a front-end. I like
Access for it's powerful and fairly simple front-ends, my question is, is
there anything like that for *nix. I didn't phrase my original question
too well..

So yes, MySQL for the actual database, we all agree on that - but what for
a frontend? I suppose something like php into a webpage could do it, but I
really don't like the idea of being tied down to a browser, something built
for being a db front-end would be better (imho)

: --
:   Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>	50% Owner, Sysadmin
:   SaskNow Technologies     		http://www.sasknow.com
:   #106-380 3120 8th St E   		Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2

-Matt