Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:42:31 -0400
From:      jwelsh@qrtp.quintiles.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dialup machines and firewalling

I run a freebsd 3.2 machine at home that is dialed up 24hrs a day via a modem.,
I was looking at the /etc/rc.firewall script and saw that it didnt look like it
would work with a network card and a modem.. Can this script be modified easily
to use ed0 and tun0 (modem) or is there another script elsewhere thats more
applicable to dialup users? Something like isinglass for linux maybe? thats what
I used to use when I ran linux on my server.

regards,
Jason