Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:45:36 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        peter@black.purplecat.net (Peter Brezny)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware 3dm utility working?

On 13 Feb 2001 15:41:49 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.hackers you wrote:

>Mike, or anyone,
>
>I'm having some difficulty getting the 3dm beta controller sw for the
>3ware escalade ide raid cards to work.  here's  what i have installed =
and
>what its doing.  If anyone has some tips or suggestions as to what i've
>done wrong, let me know.  I'd really like to get this working.

Make sure you are using the latest firmware on the card for one thing.
Also, try the "standard" location of where the software expects the docs =
be. I think there was one beta where it ran into problems if it was in a
non standard location. Also, make sure /dev/twe0 and /dev/twed0 exist.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)