Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:29:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem cvsup'ing gnats

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Mark Ovens wrote:

> At this particular moment in time I don't have any fsck'ing idea. I'm
> new to this cvs (i.e. as opposed to cvsup) stuff. My understanding of
> the cvs{,up} mechanism is obviously incomplete. I shall read further.
> Appreciate the push in the right direction.

	Heh... Ok, I will stop needling you then. The answer is, there are
no ,v files for gnats because it's not under CVS control. That's why there
is no tag in the cvsupfile, because there is no tag to check out. cvsup
can (obviously) do straight file syncing in addition to RCS/CVS $Id
syncing.

	Sorry to be such a PITA, just feeling particularly pedantic
lately. I've started teaching traffic school on the side to get some
variety in my life, maybe that's it....

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire