Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:37:29 +0100
From:      lenz@heitec.net (Lenz Gschwendtner)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: client firewall with 2 ethernet ports

Hi Nicole,

On Fri, 01 Dec 2000, Nicole wrote:

>  How do I setup rules that apply to one port and not the other?
>  Would I use a modified form of the simple rules?

there are several methods:

first you can simply define the traffic by direction and interface in
statements like:
$fwcmd add deny log all from ${inet} to any in recv ${oif}
$fwcmd add pass log all from ${inet} to any out xmit ${oif}

whereas you define $oif to the outside interface:
oif="de0"

or you simply define a interface without direction in a statement like
this (in a nat config file):
$fwcmd add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}

for better understanding of the firewall script it is preferrable to
include the direction in which the rule works (out xmit/in recv)

cheers
    lenz
--
 (__)          eat penguins instead, they start to
 (++)-----i\   spread around anyway!