Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:54:43 +1000 (GMT+1000)
From:      Odddmonster <lund@uq.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation

I've been trying to install freebsd over my modem using ppp.  The only
problem is that when it dials up, everything is fine, I login, etc... then
I type 'ppp' to start the connection, it detects packets (or whatever)
then it immedatly disconnects me.  Everything works fine under Win95 &
Linux.  I've turned PAP and CHAP off because they aren't used with my ISP.
I've double checked all the settings with my ISP.  I type 'set log local'
but nothing appears to be logged.  Could someone please help!