Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:09:10 +0100
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD I LOVE YOU

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Indeed, someone in the Third World without the means to buy a new PC and
> an expensive Windows license could find a junk PC and install FreeBSD on

And where do you think would they "find" this "junk PC"?
Don't you think that's a bit condescending?
Like, "let's give those negroes our old shoes"?

They can perfectly well buy new machines at local retailers (there are
some in bigger cities) for a fraction of the money that it would take
you to ship'em your old rustbucket.  Why don't you send some money instead?

mkb.