Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:40:08 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        asmodai@bart.nl
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic (TCP)

> > Just caught panic #3 on my Diablo newstransit box running 4.0 from the
> > 7th of February.

> We have 60GB IN/OUT each day, and it runs fine:
>
> $ uptime
> 12:09PM  up 46 days, 17:19, 1 user, load averages: 0.62, 0.66, 0.64
>
> 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #4: Wed Jan  5 14:36:46 CET 2000
>
> Try downgrading ?

Wmmm, there were much changes to tcp code for IPv6 support after Jan 5.

I reviewed tcp_setpersist related code and such problem not
seems to happen in correct state.
Might there be incorrect memory over writing?

Do you have any other date, such as *tt_persist value at
panic?

And is there any other person who experienced same kind of
problem and have any hints to diagnose this?

I'll again review my changes.

Thanks,
Yoshinobu Inoue