Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:01:51 +0100
From:      "Ruben Kerkhof" <ruben.kerkhof@caiway.nl>
To:        "'Tom Rhodes'" <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>, "'Ruben Kerkhof'" <ruben.kerkhof@gmail.com>
Cc:        "'Simon L. Nielsen'" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Projects List (was Re: Doc BoF at EuroBSDCon)

> > --Snip
> >

> > I did some work on point 2. You can see the results on
> > http://www.eyp.nl/freebsd/freebsd.htm
> > and the stylesheet on http://www.eyp.nl/freebsd/freebsd.css
> > The site is almost completely table-free (except for the
> images at the
> > bottom) and works fine in Firefox
> > and IE 6.0 (haven't checked them in other browsers). The
> css is not as
> > structured as I wish it was, but I stripped all the font-tags and
> > other ugly syntax. My goal was to make it look like the current
> > freebsd-site, maybe someone else is willing to whip up
> something more
> > modern by modifying the stylesheet.
>
> This actually looks nice, while I agree on the structure
> comment (the right bar looks too big in Mozilla) but it's
> definitely a great start!
>

> --
> Tom Rhodes

I modified the design of the above mentioned site a little this afternoon.
The stylesheet now looks decent in Mozilla, and I stripped all the absolute
fixed-width columns, so it should work on all resolutions and font-sizes.

I'm trying to find out how the html gets generated from the cvs-repository,
and if it's very hard to create a patch, but I'm very new to this kind of
stuff. I'll try to make a couple of modern designs further this week, just
by modifying the css. Maybe there are more people who want to give it a try?
I think it's nice to make a few designs (just like
http://www.csszengarden.com), then it's much easier to pick the good things
out and drop the bad things.

By the way, I don't now how it shows up in Lynx :-)

Regards,

Ruben Kerkhof