Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 12:44:52 +0200 (CETDST)
From:      Martin Heller <mheller@student.uni-kl.de>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        rminnich@sarnoff.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coda questions

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, John S. Dyson wrote:

> > On Fri, 31 May 1996, Ron G. Minnich wrote:
> >
> > > what degree of threading does it have?
> > > thread per remote computer
> > > enough threads to support demand
> > > thread per exported object
> >
> > > and again, are tehse user-level threads (seems so).
> > > Reason for asking: depending on how much threading, rfork() may do the job.
> >
> One of the middle-layer VM enhancements that I plan to add for 2.2 is
> true-shared address spaces.  Will this help?

This will probably simplify/spead up  the implementation of the Coda RVM
(recoverable virtual memory) for FreeBSD (the generic port should
work right out of the tar-file without modifications) .Threads are not
necessary to compile this, but for the rest ( They're using Cthreads , no kernel threads and the sources
are quite full of them).

MARTIN