Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:18:12 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, freebsd-openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More about segfaults on -current

walt wrote:
> Martin Blapp wrote:
>
>> Please start it from gdb and show me a usable trace.

... I would guess that perhaps I
> would want to recompile openoffice with the -DWITH_DEBUG flag and
> try again?

Hmm.  When I use either -DWITH_DEBUG or WITH_DEBUG=YES I get this:

=============
Building project udkapi
=============
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0.1_src/udkapi/com/sun/star/lang
mkout -- version: 1.3
idlc @/var/tmp/mkLW3N3U
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
dmake:  Error code 139, while making '../../../../unxfbsd.pro/misc/urd_csslang.don'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0.1_src/udkapi/com/sun/star/lang
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_all'
---* TG_SLO.MK *---
*** Error code 255

A backtrace of idlc.core looks like this:
Core was generated by `idlc'.
#0  0x280daf4d in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x280daf4d in ?? ()
#1  0x280f7e4d in ?? ()
#2  0x0805f8a7 in ?? ()
#3  0x0805f799 in ?? ()
#4  0x0805f85f in ?? ()
#5  0x0808cd01 in ?? ()
#6  0x0805b2b6 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Hmm.  I just noticed that 'file setup.bin' says 'not stripped'.  This means that
the debug symbols are still there?  If that is true then I don't know enough to
give you a useful trace and perhaps just a hint or two could set me on the right
track.

Thanks again for all your hard work on our behalf.