Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:43:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        Thordur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>, thivars@est.is, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Direct connection of two isdn cards

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Thordur Ivarsson writes:
> > Is it possible to connect to isdn cards directly to each other and start
> > communication between them? Without any connection to switch? I was
> > thinking of connecting two buildings with isdn cards if it is possible.
>
> In general, no. The BRI interface is not symmetric like that.

It would be cheaper, easier, and faster (maybe) to grab a couple
short-haul modems (who the heck named them "short-haul" anyway?).  You can
do 115.2k over several kilometers over unconditioned copper pairs
depending on the style of modem.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */