Date:      06 Jul 2001 10:01:39 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        "Cameron, Frank" <cameron@ctc.com>
Cc:        "'Terje.Fallmyr@hibo.no'" <Terje.Fallmyr@hibo.no>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NDS eDirectory on FreeBSD

On 05 Jul 2001 19:03:12 -0400, Cameron, Frank wrote:

> I haven't tried anything else since then.  At the time I was able to
run
> eDirectory on a FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE box under Linux emulation.
> Unfortunately, after a few hours the system would crash ('no more process
> ids').

We've written a PAM module (under Linux) that authenticates against NDS
(using an NLM that we've also written). The source is available to
anyone that wants it.

It doesn't compile properly under FreeBSD, but a bit of hacking should
fix it. I've not had the time to look at it properly, but I'm willing to
work with anyone (and provide shell access if necessary) that would like
to work towards a FreeBSD port.

   - andrew

--
void signature () {