Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:18:25 +1100
From:      "Neeraj Arora" <Neeraj.Arora@ems.rmit.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>, <gannater@freemail.hu>
Subject:   Re: Apache 2 hosts

I recommend that you use VirtualHost with domain names. So that if you =
change your dns entry any time, you dont have to update you apache =
configuration as well.

In the DNS, setup both domain names to point to the same ip address. For =
example, the domain names

exampleone.org and exampletwo.org have dns entries pointing to 192.168.10.5=
5 and aliases www.exampleone.org and www.exampletwo.org referring to the =
original domain names

And setup VirtualHost in apache httpd.conf.

E.g.

<VirtualHost exampleone.org>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@exampleone.org
   DocumenRoot /www/docs/exampleone.org
   ServerName www.exampleone.org
   ...and other settings...
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost exampletwo.org>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@exampletwo.org
   DocumenRoot /www/docs/exampletwo.org
   ServerName www.exampletwo.org
   ...and other settings...
</VirtualHost>

Apache will pick files up from /www/docs/exampleone.org when www.exampleone=
.org is requested and /www/docs/exampletwo.org when www.exampletwo.org is =
requested.

Consult the apache manual for various other settings that you can do.

Regards,
Neeraj

>>> Gannater J=E1nos <gannater@freemail.hu> 02/17/03 05:58PM >>>
I have assined another IP address for my computer. I would like to=20
host to domain names on my server. Of course the 2 should be=20
different from each other.
How can I do this with a apache?
Should I use VirtualDomains like in the freebsddiary.org?