Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:27:42 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Rusty <irisinc@gci.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Editors??

Rusty wrote:

> I have one question which I hope will not start a flame war;  Is there a
> text editor for freebsd that is like PICO, if possible.  If I have to
> learn and use vi, I'll go back to Windoz.

Please consider learning a more advanced editor than pico, either vi or
emacs. I've never got along well with emacs, but vi really isn't hard to
learn. But if you really don't want to, no-one can force you, and you've
had enough answers about where to get pico already. What don't you like
about vi? When I started with FreeBSD, I used ee to edit things, or
sometimes pico. I can tell you that vi is *much* nicer than both of
those put together, once you learn the basics.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and