Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:50:12 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Robert Sowders <rsowders@igsmn002.wr.usgs.gov>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-2.2.5-BETA, /boot.help is missing -Reply

On Tue, Oct 07, 1997 at 11:43:21PM -0700, Robert Sowders wrote:
> after boot run dmesg and see if psm0 is disabled.
> if it is, look in your kernel source and remove the line disable from
> the device psm0 line.  then remake your kernel and reboot.
> it should be there now at /dev/psm0.
> kernel source at /usr/src/sys/i386/conf

If that should be the case, could we then remove the disable token
entirely ? Or is disable necessary to be able to disable the driver
when autoprobing wasn't successfull ?

--
Andreas Klemm                    powered by ,,symmetric multiprocessor FreeBSD''
andreas@klemm.gtn.com            - http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html