Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:18:52 -0400
From:      Edward Chu <ecchu@mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd & ppp

Hey there everyone,
	I've been trying to get my freebsd box working correctly
again.  Previously, I was using ipfw and natd on my freebsd box as a
firewall for my lan.  However, my dsl company has just moved me from a
static ip address, to pppoe.  My question is, what is the best way to
duplicate the setup I had before.  I actually didn't change anything, setup
pppoe, and tried the setup, and it seemed to be working, however, problems
arose when I tried to look at pages that used cookies from a machine that
was behind the freebsd box.  Does anyone have any idea why this is?!?

I also thought about using just the -nat option for the ppp command, but
I'm wondering if I have to reverse all the changes I did to the kernel to
make natd work in order to use the -nat option.

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Ed