Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 19:20:13 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf@z-code.ncd.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frame Relay and FreeBSD

>On Feb 13, 12:12, Nate Williams wrote:
>> Subject: Frame Relay and FreeBSD
>> I *really* like having the firewall features I'm using now.  I suppose I
>> could simply stick my firewall box and whatever external equipment I use
>> on a separate ethernet segment, although it would require me buying
>> another ethernet card as well a Cisco or whatever.
>>
>> We're trying to do Video Conferencing, and ISDN isn't available in
>> Montana (and won't be available for quite a while).  The only option we
>> have is F.R., either to our ISP or directly to SRI-Menlo.
>>
>> What kind of costs are we looking at here for the networking equipment,
>> etc.?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice you can give,
>>

>> Nate
>>-- End of excerpt from Nate Williams
>
>So far my calculation for FR is:
>
>A Frame Relay card:
>
>ETinc.:
>
>ET/5025 56K/64K  $495
>V.35/EIA-530 option (for T1) $100
>Frame Relay/X.25 $50
>
>or
>
>ET5025-16 56K/64K  $695
>V.35/EIA-530 option (for T1) $100 (per port)
>Frame Relay/X.25 $200
>Dual Port Option $100
>
>or
>
>ET5025-25 T1 incl Frame Relay   $1095
>Dual Port Option  $200
>
>You need a CSU/DSU for this card, price for 56K/64K is about $250-$600, for
>128K-1.5MB price is starting around $700 and up to $2000.
>
>Or you take cards from SDL Comm, which have only a Frame Relay driver for BSDI
>at the moment. But the cards are cheaper.
>
>RISCom/N2s 56K/64K $490
>RISCom/N2d dual port 56K/64K $590
>RISCom/N2dds dual port with one CSU/DSU on board 56K/64K $650
>RISCom/N2csu dual port with one T1 CSU/DSU on board something around $1100
>Frame Relay option for BSDI $150
>
>About monthly Frame Relay I can't say anything, but in California I would pay
>about $275 for 128K

to clarify this....

Realize that you get software and support from BSDI (its their
software)....with our
product you buy the software (and get the support) from us.

see www.etinc.com/compare.htm for the "biased" poop.

BTW..we sell brand-name, high quality CSU/DSUs for (56/64k) 325. and 695. (T1)
and lesser quality ones (still better than an on-board CSU) for $190 (56k) and
$300. (T1....available any day now).

db

.