Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 95 11:15:14 CST
From:      passaret@sol.med.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti x7-4485)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS card/CD-ROM question

I'm trying to install a Gravis Ultrasound Max in my freebsd
box, and I'd like to hook up a CD-ROM through it to save slots.
The docs mention several models of CD-ROM drive which are supported,
none of which appear to be currently available, at least locally.
Since no DOS drivers come with the GUS, I can't prototype a config
there, and I've had no luck with the UN*X side of the equation.
I've got a suspicion that neither the interface on the GUS nor
the interface on most CD-ROMs is _really_ standard, and that
I'm wading into a serious quagmire.  Anyone out there got a lifeline?

							-MM
About ready to drop $500 on a Nec6xi SCSI...