Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:59:01 -0600
From:      Kambiz_Keshvari@Dell.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Info Request

I have a few questions about Free BSD and I would appreciate it if you could
respond either with the answers or point me to a source where I can find
answers.

1. Is Free BSD Embeddable? If so, what is smallest size of the kernel/
micro-kernel in order to bring a machine up and then dynamically load kernel
modules?

2. Do you support RAID cards? If so, where can I get a list of supported
cards?

3. Is Free BSD pre-emptive Multi-tasking?

4. What kind of Development environments do you have? Do you support Java,
C, C++? Are the compilers and JVM modules included in your package? If not,
where and how can I obtain them?

5. Is Free BSD POSIX compliant?

6. Does Free BSD allow direct access to Hardware, through kernel or other
means?

7. Is Free BSD PNP independent?

Best Regards,

Kambiz Keshvari