Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2000 15:00:53 +0100
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hauppage WinTV-USB

Hi.

I would like to have a videocamera + grabber for my laptop. I guess USB
will do for it better than PCMCIA etc. in terms of efficiency
(hardware-wise).
Unfortunately, FreeBSD does not seem to support such cards as WinTV-USB,
although it does support WinTV-PCI and lots of different USB devices.
Are there any plans of supporting this card, or is there any
development?
If no, then (the question to authors of bktr and usb drivers) how
difficult I shall expect doing something myself in this area (I have not
bad knowledge of C and asm and i386 processors but know nothing about
USB and bktr internals)? When can I get information about USB and bktr
interfaces?

Thanks,

--
        Konstantin Chuguev