Date:      14 Jun 2001 19:15:00 EST
From:      Daniel Macedo Batista <danielbat@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Re: How configure classical ip - it almost worked]

  Thank you by the help, the network is working !! The problem was
  because the command :

  atm attach idt0 uni31

  needed a `sleep` before run the ifconfig , then , the script that is =

  working is :

  /sbin/ilmid
  /sbin/atm set netif idt0 it 1  =

  /sbin/atm attach idt0 uni31
  sleep 20
  /sbin/ifconfig it0 192.168.202.12 netmask 255.255.255.0
  /sbin/atm set arpserver it0 39.0011.....

  This delay in the `atm attach idt0 uni31` is normal ?

  Daniel Macedo Batista
  Bolsista Projeto REMA-UFBA - www.rema.ufba.br

Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Alex Huppenthal wrote:

> I've run into a strange problem. It looks as if the throughput of the A=
TM
> link we have is throttled to 10 megabits. I have a 30 Mbit CBR from our=

> carrier.
> =

> 10 Meg limit on Fore OC3 PCA200E standard driver?

There is no limit in the driver.  I hardly ever use that card, but
I have seen many FTP transfers getting well over 70mb, and other
people have tested it to 120mb and higher.

You do have the patch on the driver, don't you?  If not, the packet
loss could explain the horrible performance.

All the best,

-Richard