Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:39:41 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thomas_W=FCrfl?= <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with wine

--VuQYccsttdhdIfIP

Thomas W=FCrfl(ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de)@2002.03.27 16:48:40 +0000:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a problem running a application with wine (native).
> Error message: 486 cpu or higher required. I have a amd k7.
> The linux version catches the cpu-type from /proc/cpuinfo.
> But Freebsd's /proc is diffrent from linux. So they set the values
> for cpu type fix ( i386 ). Which isn't a really good idea.
> From where can I take the cpu info to change this?=20
> ( I don't want to take /usr/compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo. )

ahem, correct me if i'm wrong, but freebsd's /proc filesystem does not
have any cpuinfo. if you run a command under the linuxulator, /proc gets
mapped to /usr/compat/linux/proc, so the file you don't want to open
already provides that info (to wine in this case). i don't know about
your environment, but just for testing, how about taking the output of
cpuinfo, put it to a text file, edit it the way you need it and generate
/usr/compat/linux/proc as a symlink farm to the linuxprocfs with only
the cpuinfo replaced by the edited text file. would this do any harm?
cpuinfo is read-only AFAIK, so it might work :-)

regards,
/k

--=20
> If you meet somebody who tells you that he loves you more than anybody
> in the whole wide world, don't trust him.  It means he experiments.
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46
My mail is GnuPG signed -- Unsigned ones are bogus -- http://www.gnupg.org/
Please do not remove my address from To: and Cc: fields in mailing lists. 1=
0x

--VuQYccsttdhdIfIP

--VuQYccsttdhdIfIP--