Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 14:59:25 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp re-dial after timeout

Hi,
    I have just setup my FreeBSD server as a gateway
according to FreeBSD.org's ppp primer.  It works fine
and all, except for some strange reason, everytime when
it timeouts (after 300 sec, or 5 min), it automatically
redials--even if I didn't access the net.  Furthermore,
when I try to access the local network, it dials for me also.
(i.e. just telneting to the FreeBSD server itself.)

I also tried using a filter, (from the PPP in FreeBSD handbook),
but PPP told me that it failed to load the filter.

here's my network toplogy

ISP<-------->(dialup to ISP)->FreeBSD-gw<---->(ethernet 208.129.55.1)

Win98(208.129.55.2)                    Win98(208.129.55.3)

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Frankie