Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:44:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew Nesbit <anesbit@aardvark.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sources for ports in 4.0-RELEASE?

Hi all,

Is the official 4 CD set from Walnut Creek of FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE supposed
to come with sources for most of the ports skeletons?

I got this CD set as part of Greg Lehey's _Complete_FreeBSD_ (3rd ed) and
he makes mention that there should be sources on CDs 3 and 4 (as well as
precompiled packages on CDs 1 and 4) -- mind you, I think he is referring
to some 3.X-RELEASE.

All I got was a huge bunch of precompiled packages spread between CDs 1, 3
and 4 (and the www.freebsd.org web pages and CVS repository seem to have
been replaced by some commercial demo/personal-user packages).

Have the contents of this CD set changed somewhere between 3.X and 4.0? I
would really like to get this straightened out because my internet
connection is *slow* and I would prefer not to have to download the
sources I need.

Thankyou for any help,
Andrew Nesbit