Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:21:07 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: find and xargs in /etc/security

In message <Pine.BSF.3.95.961124230736.12070O-100000@alive.ampr.ab.ca> Marc Slemko writes:
: Yuck.  There is the little matter of sort which messes things up.  There
: are ways around it by adding another command to the pipe, but that starts
: to get ugly.  Hmm.  Unless we just do a find -ls, but that means we don't
: get the full timestamps.

That's why I suggested that you fix it, since it looked non-trivial
when I looked at it.  If you can come up with an easy way to deal with
this, then please let me know.  Taking a closer look, I don't think
the sort is required at the place that it is right now, since I think
it can be done after the xargs safely.

: There is more wrong with /etc/security than that, so perhaps it is worth
: looking at it a bit more deeply.  OpenBSD and NetBSD have a far more
: comprehensive /etc/security.

Can you elaberate as to what makes them better?

Warner