Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:00:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jos Backus <jos@catnook.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/36707: [MAINTAINER UPDATE] net/rsync: avoid malloc.h warnings on -stable

The following reply was made to PR ports/36707; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jos Backus <jos@catnook.com>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:59:11 -0800

 > on -stable rsync uses malloc.h which generates a lot of warnings. This
 > update avoids these warnings by using stdlib.h instead.

 Rather than patching N ports, why don't we simply remove
 /usr/{src/,}include/malloc.h so that configure no longer finds it, and patch
 ports that do use it to use <stdlib.h> instead?

 --
 Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        Santa Clara, CA