Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:29:49 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mouse config in XFree86 on FreeBSD 4.0

Greetings,
I have installed FreeBSD 4.0-release on my machine.  As part
of the install, I chose to have XFree86 installed.  Don't know
what version though.  My problem is that when I launch X,
if I move the mouse, I hear the hard drive go crazy.  It doesn't
recognize when I click, so I have to do it several times. I haven't
found the solution to this problem.
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1A mouse.  It is a two button with
a scroll wheel.  When I configured X, I tried intellimouse, I've also
tried just 2 button mouse.  No joy.

How should I configure X so that the mouse behaves as expected ?

Thanks,
Darryl