Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:01:31 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Casimir Loeber <casimir@base-10.com>
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compilation failed for OOo 2.0 on freebsd 6.0

Hi

Unfortunately, I have no idea what might be causing Java to dump core on
your system. But if you just want OOo up as quickly as possible, there
are two ways I can think of:

1. Try running "make" again in the port's directory. It should start
from where the crash happened and with a bit of luck, this time will get
further.

2. Install a binary package. This for sure is the fastest and easiest
way of getting OOo onto your system. Though it's not as satisfying as
having your own home built OOo, of course ;).

On my system, BTW, compiling OOo 2.0.1 with JDK 1.4 and 1.5 installed
works beautifully.

- Bartosz

PS: I see you are running JDK 1.4 patch level 8. That patch is very new
and it could be that it broke something that used to work in patch level
7. If that's the case, we should start seeing more similar reports on
this list soon.