Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2008 16:06:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DigiBoard Classic

Hello All,

I have a digiboard classic PCI, and I am trying to build a system to
monitor many serial systems (UPSes) using FreeBSD.

I cannot find any documentation referring to this driver -- it seems that
everything "digi" related in the BSD tree refers to the "intelligent"
cards, whereas the ClassicBoard is not intelligent, but does manage to do
interrupt sharing.

(It's also frequently available on ebay, which makes it an ideal candidate
for experimentation).

Linux drivers are here:

http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=1694&osvid=102&tp=1

I'm going to try basing some tests on COM_MULTIPORT and on best-guesses
for configs, however I'd really love to hear from anyone who knows for
sure if this board will work or not.

If someone can read C and feels like having a quick LOOK at the driver (or
at my test system), I could try to compensate you for some time.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"Tonite on reboot!  People misspelling as many words with sexual
connotations as possible..."

-Keyo-Chan, February 10th 1999, Undernet #reboot