Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 00:26:20 -0500
From:      "Christopher S. Weimann" <cweimann@wallnet.com>
To:        Dragon Knight <dragonknight@dtgnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustrated with bsd

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 09:26:44PM -0700, Dragon Knight wrote:

> It is quite easy to get the OS set up and
> learn the basics unless you are a complete idiot.  In which case i suggest
> you order a RedHat linux CD.  I hear the new version 5.2 is easier to
> install than ever.

I had the displeasure of installing a couple of different Linuxes ( Caldera
and RedHat 5 ) and I have to say that I think FreeBSD's install is superior
to both of them.  Caldera couldn't find my network card and it was a real
pain to tell it the io and irq for the card ( 0x300, 5 whats the big deal? )
and I haven't found a Linux site that provides anything of the quality of
the FreeBSD handbook.