Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:42:35 -0700
From:      "Ryan Christensen" <ryan@olypen.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SSH not working after upgrade (4.6.0 to 4.6.2)

My initial system was a minimal install of 4.6.0 (which I had added to
by installing a few ports unrelated to either openssl or openssh.)

I just upgraded to 4.6.2 via FTP.. everything is working like a charm
with the exception of SSH. When I try to connect from another host my
connection is refused. When I connect from localhost, I get:

----------------
Password:
Response:

.. w/ the cursor sitting @ "Response:". Hitting "enter" a couple times
get's me to the pwd prompt.. at which point I am able to successfully
auth.

I'm continuing to search google & related docs for information on this,
or any similar cases. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

By the by, I haven't been one to yet dive into the depths of SSH config
too deep.. so details with answers/suggestions would be preferred.

Thank you in advance!