Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:10:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      festus@ntplx.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernel reconfig; cs4232 module

Hi, I purchased the FreeBsd Powerpack recently, version 4.0 I think, and it
works well, except I've been trying to get the kernel to recompile with support
for my crystal audio chip (IBM aptiva - cs4232.o module in linux), and I
consistent get a stop error 1 citing undefined reference to midi_dev.o in a
number of files including midi_synth.c, and I have tried to compile the chip as
a sb compatible (I got away with that under linux as a makeshift way of getting
sound when I was learning that)

During bootup the system reads the sound card as unknown1, there is no dev file
for audio, unknown1, css0 or cs4232, so at this point I am unsure how to
proceed and would like some advice to better understand what I need to do for
this.

Thanks for any help.
E-Mail: festus@ntplx.net