Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:27:03 +0100
From:      Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly@dal.ca>
Subject:   Re: gmirror disk mirroring

--nextPart65271141.olV4qlWMVe

Am Sonntag, 27. Februar 2005 03:54 schrieb Stephen Kelly:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a problem trying to set up disk mirroring of two 80G Western
> Digital IDE drives.  I'm using the instructions at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/
> I've included these instructions at the end of this e-mail.
> When I reboot the system for the first time as instructed, it starts to
> boot but then just starts printing the following messages to the screen:
>
> init: can't exec getty `usr/libexec/getty` for port ttyv1:
> No such file or directory
> init: can't exec getty `usr/libexec/getty` for port ttyv2:
> No such file or directory
> init: can't exec getty `usr/libexec/getty` for port ttyv3:
> No such file or directory
> init: can't exec getty `usr/libexec/getty` for port ttyv4:
> No such file or directory
> .
> .
> .

Something at the dump/restore stage went wrong or your /etc/fstab is wrong.
Delete /boot.congig an boot from the initial disk, btw. is your second driv=
e=20
really on primary slave? That's why I hate how-tos, people just type it wor=
d=20
by word without knowing what they do.
If your disk ist secondary master, it's not ad1 but ad2, in GENERIC ata is=
=20
compiled with ATA_STATIC_ID.

=46orget the howto and read the man pages, it's the shorter way if the howt=
o=20
doesn't work for you.

Best regards,

=2DHarry