Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:12:27 -0800
From:      "Mike Kanaly" <mike@worklife.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie Q

Hey Everyone!  This is my first post, and I hope I'm sending this to the
right list.

Anyways, here's the deal.  I have freebsd running 4.4 stable on a box I
set up recently.  I now wanted to upgrade to 4.5 stable.  I tried typing
in

# pkg_add -f
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CVSup/cvsupit.tgz

But I'm getting error operation timed out, unable to fetch, etc.

What's the best way for me to upgrade to 4.5 Stable?  I was considering
just starting from scratch with the .iso files again, but I know there
has to be an easier way.  CVSup or something like that?  Is there a walk
through on this anywhere on the web?  What do I do with a .tgz file?

Let me know!
Thanks
-Mike