Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 18:16:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        francis yeung <fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: take a long time to boot

On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, francis yeung wrote:

> 	I am using FreeBSD 2.0.5. I have 3 interfaces specified
> 	in the sysconfig - lo0, tun0 and ed1. The tun0 is used
> 	for ppp/serial interface and ed1 is the Ethernet interface.

tun0 doesn't need to be ifconfig'd, ijppp will do it for you.

It is hanging up with the routing, it looks like.  Look in /etc/netstart;
you'll see after the ifconfig that it sets up the static routes.

My machine, which was hooked up to a LAN but is now standalone, always
sticks here on boot.  I hit ^C and it boots fine.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant