Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:12:31 -0400
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: starting KDE causes laptop to reboot ...

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

* The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> [030413 22:02]:
>=20
> with DDB and DDB_UNATTENDED enabled, and dumpdev enabled, I'm getting
> nothing from it, but if I startx with KDE3, the machine just reboots ...

I couldn't find this documented anywhere but my own=20
anecdotal experience has been that you won't get a kernel dump so=20
long as DDB (even UNATTENDED) is in the kernel.

I was able to force one, through DDB, by disabling the UNATTENDED=20
option and calling doadump manually.  I was able to get one by=20
removing DDB completely from the kernel and setting a dumpdev.  But=20
I was never able to get one having both set up.

--Mike

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N--