Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:50:22 +0300
From:      Dennis Turpitka <freebsd@omni.dp.ua>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: 2nd network card installation

Hello Odhiambo,

OW> If you're sure you've ascertained that the card is supported by FreeBSD
OW> then it is easy. Just powerdown, plugin the card and power up.
OW> See in the kernel config file that device rl is enabled, if not enable and
OW> recompile.
As I understand, kernel at booting time must detect my card, and make
changes to its config file, so I don't need to edit kernel config file
myself. And if it didn't detect - then I must force this process by manual
editing config. Am I right?
And another question - if kernel detects my card - I must not
recompile kernel?
I simply want to know about this process - it isn't described in
any manual I've found :(

--
Best regards,
 Dennis                            mailto:freebsd@omni.dp.ua