Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 10:20:17 -0400
From:      Andrew Heybey <ath@bellcore.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stuff 'n Such. (SNAP report, proposal)

>>On Sun, 14 Apr 1996 09:05:16 -0700 (PDT), Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net> said:

  mrcpu> 2) 3/23 SNAP no workee for me on the one box I could test.
  mrcpu> Kernel boots fine, I get "changing root device to
  mrcpu> "something", and then the screen clears, and the cursor just
  mrcpu> parks in the lower left corner, and doesn't bring up the
  mrcpu> install program.  I can go to alt-F2, and there's one DEBUG
  mrcpu> statement at the top.

  mrcpu>   The only oddity I noticed is that although I have no
  mrcpu> Adaptect card in this box, the aha0 probe complains about it.
  mrcpu> I assume it's finding my 946C and getting confused.

Yup.  I had to comment out the aha0 line from the config file (and
make a new boot floppy) to get 960323 to boot on a Micron P66 with
either a BT747D (EISA) or BT956CD (PCI).  Want a boot.flp?  It is not
exactly the GENERIC kernel so it may or may not work for you
(commented out most of the network drivers except the ones I needed,
etc.).

andrew