Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 1998 09:57:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ed James <edjames@siberian.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        edjames@cisco.com
Subject:   trouble with bt848 driver and/or fxtv

Using fxtv as the client, I'm not having much luck getting
my winTV from Hauppauge working.  It works fine in win95,
but when booted under freebsd, the tuner part fails to
find stations where they should be.  For instance, I found
channel 4 on channel 25.  In antenna mode, it *barely* picks
up local uhf stations (14, 20, 44, 60).  In cable mode, it
picks up nothing in the 2-40 range (thought I did get a
super saturated 77, which comes from my vcr via a super/hyperband
modulator).

Since I know the card works under win95, I am suspicious that
the driver or client is misconfiguring the card.

Does this sound familiar?  Have you run into this?

--ed